Logotype. What will I get?
Also knows as logotype design process.
When one creates a logo, they should follow a logo design process to ensure that the final design suits the needs of the clients (not their wants)…
- Creative Brief: Conduct a questionnaire or interview with the client to get the better understanding of client needs.
- Research: Conduct research focused on the industry itself, on its history, and on its competitors.
- Idea Generation: Develop the logo design concept(s) around the brief and research.
- Presenting 3 Drafts: Choose to present only a select few logos to the client or a whole collection. Presenting only the best is recommended.
- Edits: This step is optional and it can be repeated several times until we find the right touch.
- Color Exploration: After we have story and shape color is coming into place.
- Approval: I need the final decision from you and confirmation that you are happy with the result.
- Delivery: Preparing files in one zip file and sending the link to Dropbox for handoff.
- Support: Answering all additional question if you have how to use your logo and files.
- Celebration: Drink beer, eat chocolate, sleep, start on next logo design. Or a combination.
The first step in any professional logo design process is to build a creative design brief.
To understand the client and their needs, we must ask questions and develop a clear understanding of their business, their industry and the issues they have been having.
This initial phase of the graphic design process stages can be completed however the client is most comfortable – be it over the phone, in person, using an online design questionnaire or simply via email.
Ultimately, the purpose of the design brief is to help the designer understand the project, so the more they know, the better they can communicate through the initial design concepts.
In order to design your business the perfect logo design that targets the correct market and broadcast the right message, I need to grasp a strong understanding of your business and its audience. To do this at the start of the project I will send you a questionnaire, which has been designed to find out as much as possible about your business and target audience. Based on your responses I will create a list of objectives that need to be met by the logo design, and agree on this with you before proceeding further. This list of objectives forms the design brief, which will be used as a foundation for the decisions made during the design phase.
Upon receiving the initial 50% deposit for the logo and signed contract agreement, I then started researching what was needed for the project. This included looking up Eugene’s competitors (that she provided & my findings), researching the industry and searching for other logos in the industry, among other things.
Research is a critical stage in the logo design process as this ensures that your logo will differ from the competitors and it also sets a benchmark.
Idea Generation & Design (Behind the scene)
Presenting 3 Drafts
Once designs are ready to present, I will create a PDF document which will display the logo designs created, along with supporting notes explaining the decisions made. I only present designs which I am confident in and will give you my opinion on which I believe will be most suitable for your business.
I will leave the final choice to you, and if you feel the design could be improved or modified to better meet the objectives, changes will be made where necessary.
I then experimented with colour. This is where I take the selected logo concept and provide you with 3-4 color variations based on information from the creative brief and research. Do you know your colour theory?
After approval of the logo design and the remaining 50% payment, I start with next step.
I then prepare and deliver the logo files, which will include the following:
- The source file ( ~ Adobe Illustrator ~ )
- Fonts used
- Logo files Preview – PNG
- Logo files for Print – PDF CMYK
- Logo files for Online usage – PDF RGB
As part of our new relationship, you will have my ongoing support shall you need assistance with or have questions about your logo files.
Need Brand Identity for your company?
Download and fill Questionnaire and start with the project.